Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More doxies coming into our rescue

The Montreal SPCA just closed down another "breeding facility" (that leaves 2,196 more to close), pulling approximately 60 dogs (including a sweet looking little poodle with a broken leg). Our rescue will be taking in the 5 dachshunds (I am happy to say that the owner has surrendered ALL the dogs, so they can all be sterilized and put up for adoption immediately).

In the group is a deaf piebald girl, age 3, a dapple boy who looks like my Pogo (but with all his hair) age 4, a smooth red female age 5; I am waiting on the info regarding the last two. They will go straight to our vet for their surgeries, a couple of weeks recouperating with foster homes and then they will be ready for adoption. So if anyone is interested in adopting a doxie, please stay tuned.

I am thrilled to say that I think the little deaf girl most likely has a furever home already waiting for her with one of our foster moms.

No comments:

Followers