My friend Pam lost her standard girl, (also named) Heidi, today. Heidi was one week short of her 9th birthday; much too young to leave us.
I want to tell you about her Heidi, as she was an IVDD success story. Heidi had two episodes with her back. Crate rest and steroids worked the first time, the second time surgery was successful. Heidi had several good years after her back surgery. Pam ensured that Heidi's back stayed healthy with maintenance therapy treatments, weight management, no stairs, etc.
Sadly, we lost her today to a nasty disease that would not let Heidi's body produce its own red blood cells. Pam did everything she could for Heidi, including blood transfusions, drug therapy, etc. but Heidi lost her 6 month battle today.
Our Bridge Candle will be lit tonight for Pam's Heidi and our thoughts and prayers are with Pam and her other standard dachshund, Petey, as they cope with their loss.
- We're back from Wienerfest
- Only 4 more sleeps!!
- A Star is Born
- Stanley's first TV appearance
- Full Moon????
- Stanley's new ride
- More from our day at the rescue booth.
- Stanley's first rescue event
- The day after "Breath Busters"
- Reporting from the dog house
- My friend Pam lost her Heidi today
- Little Dogs on the Prairie
- ▼ June (12)