Tonight was Stanley's check up at the vet. Well he hasn't lost any more weight, but hasn't gained any either.
God Bless Dr. B, all he charged me for tonight was the prescription a/d canned food.
The vet is becoming as concerned as I about Stanley. His urine burns and skin are healing, but our boy is not well.
I am now trying a/d prescription food, canned tuna and grocery store kibble in order to get him to eat. He was fed grocery store kibble by his original owner, so maybe that is what he is missing. Grasping at straws to help this little boy.
If he does not show some improvement within the next 48 hours, we will do some more testing. The vet is concerned about possible kidney or liver issues. Stanley has been with me for 10 days now. I am praying that he will be with us for some time to come, but it is starting to look like we will need a miracle. For now, plans to order a cart for him are on hold.
I have a couple more photos that I will post later tonight, after I feed the pack, me and put Stanley's laundry in the dryer. (He was a dark poopy mess when I came home at lunchtime today :-( not a good sign)
We have a long weekend coming up. I am afraid. If we get into more trouble, the ER will not know his history, and may make an irreversible recommendation before Stanley's time.
Happy Bark Day Mamma!!!
2 days ago